Monday, December 18, 2006

A little puzzle...

I always liked brain teaser puzzles, and here is one of my favorites! I thought I'd share it with everyone! Post a comment if you thing you have the answer and I'll post he answer n a future up date.

There is a room that has no windows and only one door. The door is closed and you can not see into the room through any cracks under the door or in the walls/roof or through a key hole. Inside the room is a single light bulb, and out side the room is a panel with 3 light switches on the panel. You need to know which one of these switches turns on the light inside the room. You are allowed to open the door, but only once! How do you know which switch turns on the single light inside?

Good luck!

4 Comments:

At December 18, 2006 at 10:38:00 PM PST , Blogger Lesley said...

I have no idea! I've been reading and re-reading this for at least 10 minutes. I'm not a very visual person and just can't picture it which would probably help..

 
At December 19, 2006 at 11:09:00 AM PST , Blogger Alli said...

You said that you can only open the door once. You didn't say you had to close the door after you opened it. (hahahaha in a sing song tone). Am I right? you then can check all the light switches. RIGHT?

 
At December 27, 2006 at 10:10:00 AM PST , Blogger Krista said...

Ok, so the answer is: First you turn on the 1st light switch and leave it on for a few min. Turn that switch off and turn on the second switch. Open the door. If the light is on, it is switch #2, if it is off, touch the bulb. If the bulb is hot, it is switch # 1, if the buld is cold, it is switch # 3!

 
At January 6, 2007 at 2:34:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krista what happend to that fudge recipe. I'm re-reading this and i can't figure it out. Have you got anything simpler? anna

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home