Monday, December 18, 2006

6 Weird things about Me...

I don't know what is considered weird, but here goes...

1) I hate to have my feet covered. I hate socks and shoes so much I ware sandals all summer and part of the spring and fall. At night I always kick the covers off my feet and growing up when Alli and I shared a bedroom, she would often get up at night and cover my feet. As soon as she was back in bed, I'd poke my feet out again.
2) I can usually get a baby to stop crying in under 1 min. Honestly. As a teenage baby sitter I got into the habit of placing a baby on my left shoulder while rocking/burping/comforting etc. and after I had my pacemaker implanted I tried to shift babies over to the right hand side to avoid pain. Well, Zach was almost a year old at the time and refused the change, but we noticed that he would put his head on my pacemaker and fall instantly to sleep! I don't know why, maybe they can feel the device when it kicks in, but my nephews, friends babies and even customers babies will stop crying and often fall asleep when I hold them with their head resting on my left shoulder.
3) I am terrified of chickens. when I was about 5 years old my Nanny Sample had me help her gather chicken eggs one summer form the chicken coop in her back yard. I was scared they would peck me so I didn't want to help. She thought she'd cure me of my fear by locking me in the coop with the chickens. Needless to say, I am still scared of chickens 24 years later!
4) I have some strange sort of ESP. Sometimes I'll pass the phone to Hike before it rings and say "So-and-So is gonna call" and he'll roll his eyes and go about his business. The phone rings 30 seconds later and it is who ever I predicted would call. And sometimes I'll just say something for no reason at all like "we're going to cross a wooden bridge around that corner" when we are someplace neither of us has ever been down before while on a road trip, and when we round the corner, we drive across a wooden bridge. Oh yes, and best of all, I called Alli one day and said to her out of the blue "You're pregnant". She responded with "F*** - *ff" and then called me 3 weeks later to say she was 6 weeks pregnant.
5) Sometimes when we dine out, I'll order dessert first in place of an appetiser. Have to make sure I have enough room in my tummy for dessert! Besides, its easier to bring home the diner you couldn't finish and re -heat for lunch the next day than it is to bring home dessert!
6) I LOVE cereal in milk. Its like an addiction for me! I have it for breakfast every morning before work and most nights as a snack while watching TV. I love all types, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, Honey Combs, Oatmeal with brown sugar, Frosted Flakes...really, in my perfect world, cereal would be a food group all on its own!

So there you have it, 6 weird things about me. This was a lot harder to do than I thought it would be!
I do have some pics to post here (with luck that will happen tomorrow ) of the damage in my neighbourhood done by the wind storm last Thursday. There is ( was?) a big fence around the out door pool at my building, but the wind flattened it not to mention that it snapped a few very tall trees in half! Pics to follow later I hope!
Oh yes, and Congrats again to my cousin Heather on the arrival of her new baby boy Jonathan!

1 Comments:

At December 19, 2006 at 3:14:00 PM PST , Blogger Alberta said...

I hope the damage isn't too severe. BC just hasn't caught any breaks this fall/winter!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home