Monday, December 4, 2006

Fudgey Chocolate Mints...

Auntie Berta, this post is for you! I was going to send it to your e-mail but thought this was better, who ever wants it can use it. It seems to be an all time favorite from my kitchen and I've been making them for years! Papa adored them.....

1 cup Milk choc. chips
2 cups Semisweet choc. chips
1 can ( 11oz.) Sweetened condensed milk
2 tbs. Hard margarine ( or butter )
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/8 tsp peppermint flavoring

Combine all 6 ingredients in a heavy 2 litre sauce pan and heat over medium-low heat stirring often until mixture is melted and smooth. pour mixture into a 9x9 inch pan and set aside to cool. Makes approx 2 lbs and cuts into about 144 pieces.
*** NOTES***
I always add a lot more peppermint than the recipe calls for because I find the recommended amount is not enough. I start with 1 tsp and add from there ( till it tastes minty enough for your own tastes really ). And I find that if you heat the mixture closer to low than mediun heat, it takes a bit longer, but it gets smoother and won't burn to the bottom of the pot.

Let me know if you try the recipe out and if you liked them!

2 Comments:

At December 5, 2006 at 5:31:00 AM PST , Blogger Lesley said...

I was done my baking but now I think I'll have to give these a go - sounds good!

 
At December 6, 2006 at 10:30:00 AM PST , Blogger Alberta said...

Thanks Krista...I will write that out once I'm home again...will let you know how I do, too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home