Sunday, December 3, 2006

Baking success.

Well, today was a success. Sara ( Franks niece ) and I made a double batch of mini Pineapple/banana loafs, that gave us 8 mini loaves in total. We also made the Truffles I make every Christmas, they seem to be a favorite because they disappear fast, and we made Rice Krispie squares but we used cookie cutters to cut them into Christmas shapes. Oh yes, and the ever famous fudge mint squares. one batch makes over 100 mints, and you have to cut them pretty small because they are so rich, but people seem to love them. And the best part? All the recipes are VERY easy to make! I love that, especially since I usually have to do Holiday baking a few times in order to have enough for the people I want to give them to in place of a gift ( ie co-workers ) as well as all the friends who tend to drop by and help them selves to a few treats!
So, the baking is done, all my Christmas shopping is done and all gifts are wrapped and either under the tree ( Hikes, Sara's and Franks ) or packed up to be shipped out later this week ( gifts for everyone in Ontario and Papa ).
It feels good to be done!

3 Comments:

At December 4, 2006 at 11:41:00 AM PST , Blogger Alberta said...

Krista, would you like to share your mint recipe with the rest of the world? We all seem to have a sweet tooth around this time of year.

 
At December 4, 2006 at 1:50:00 PM PST , Blogger Alli said...

I want it to bring some with you.lol. Glad to hear thatr everything is done

 
At December 4, 2006 at 8:31:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll post you that mint recipe, it is supre easy to make and WOW do people love them! I'll send it to your e-mail later this week. And Alli, I'll try to save some to bring with me!
Krista.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home