Saturday, November 25, 2006

First snow fall!!!

We had ( and are still having ) our first snowfall of the season. We really don't get much snow here in Vancouver so I was pretty excited to see the that big fluffy flakes were sticking. They snow will likely all have melted by tomorrow, but right now its really nice.
It was brought to my attention that not everyone knows what I do for work. I pretty much run the office at a cloth diaper service that services most of the Lower Mainland. I set up accounts, teach people how to effectively use cloth diapers, take lots of calls from expectant and new Moms/Dads, and I love my job. Each customer gets delivered clean diapers once a week, and when we drop off the clean ones we pick up the dirty ones at the same time. I have an amazing boss, he is very easy to work with and for. He comes in for a few hours almost every day to do some computer work and he is always available to work if anyone has a Dr's appointment or can't make it in. Of all the jobs I have held in my life, this one is the most rewarding for me and I can honestly say that I do love my job ( most days anyway! ).

3 Comments:

At November 26, 2006 at 9:53:00 AM PST , Blogger Alberta said...

I loved using cloth diapers on the girls. Almost never had a problem with diaper rashes. But you can't beat disposables when travelling or when you or the child is sick.

But...I can't imagine having dirty diapers a week old around the house. Don't they start to stink after day 2?

 
At November 26, 2006 at 9:15:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, no propbs with smell because we use the dry pail method. As long as you have not rinsed/soaked the diapers the smell is minimal. We provide pails with lids that snap on nice and tight as well as Deodisks, they are a porse like puck that absorbed odors from the pail. You just air the disk out once a week and snap it right back in to keep absorbing. Its a pretty easy system to use!
Krista.

 
At November 27, 2006 at 8:47:00 PM PST , Blogger Lesley said...

I used cloth a lot for Joseph and until Alex was about 7 months old. I found the same that if you don't soak them and use diaper liners for the poops then the smell is tolerable although I think I washed them every other day. Thankfully both boys are now potty trained, now I've only got 3 dayhome kids in diapers...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home