Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Concert review ( a bit late! )

On March 9th, Frankie-o and I went to the Matchbox 20 concert, and it was AMAZING!! We had great seats, and the seats in front of us were empty, major bonus! Some highlights and low lights...
Highlights: the seats were great, there were 2 opening acts - the opening act had her own opening act - Mute Math was the first act ( they were ok, but I would have been fine without seeing/hearing them ), and they were followed by 75 min of Canada's own Alanis Morrisette ( probably spelled wrong, but too tired to look up correct spelling ), and then Matchbox came on for a couple of hours of hit after hit after hit. We also ran into an old friend of Franks both before and after the concert, so he caught up and they promised to stay in touch via e-mail, but probably never will. Frank was thrilled that the group sounded just as good live as they do recorded, and didn't mind me singing and dancing along to all the songs.
Low lights: before Mute Math even came on stage, some idiotic lady a few rows behind me ( and I mean at LEAST 2 rows of seats separated her from me ) some how managed to dump ( toss?? ) her beer over the empty rows in front of her, drenching me and the lady seated next to me. Nothing like sitting through 4+ hours of concert stinking like beer, especially when you consider I don't drink. I was pretty sick during the concert with that sinus infection thing, but I enjoyed myself so much I didn't mind having a purse stuffed full of tissue that I had to dig into during every other song!

1 Comments:

At March 27, 2008 at 6:45:00 AM PDT , Blogger Alberta said...

I would love to see Matchbox 20 but...we spent our year's quota of fun money on Celine Dion tix for this October!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home