Saturday, March 1, 2008

Contact Hell.

I hate my glasses, but I hate contact lenses even more. I never have trouble putting them in, but getting them back out is another story all together. Most times its no big deal, but occasionally they just glue themselves to my eyeball and refuse to come off. Today I had to peel the lens off my right eye, and the left one wedged its self under my eye lid. What gives? I use drops during the day that are designed to lubricate the eye and lens ( as advised by my optometrist when I mentioned this problem ), my lenses were properly fitted by the optometrist, so I know I have the right ones, but I struggle with getting them out sometimes, and its been like this for years. Today I actually gave up after a 30 min struggle to get it out and Frank had do sweep his fingers under my eye lid while I held it open, just so he could pinch the lens and pull it out. Is it just me, or has anyone else experiences contact hell??

3 Comments:

At March 2, 2008 at 7:55:00 AM PST , Blogger Lesley said...

I haven't used contacts for years but I loved them! My glasses are just for reading but the contacts were fine for all day wear - not sure how that worked - but they were coloured lenses so a lot of fun :o)

 
At March 5, 2008 at 10:12:00 PM PST , Blogger Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

I dont need to use either...I got zapped aug 2005...better than 20/20 vision in both eyes! I so dont miss glasses getting fogged up when I went from cold to warm...or my contacts getting crunchy on my eyes cause I wore them all day long...but it was scary...i just about called it off cause of the big crazy machine...i wasnt at all prepared for that...the less i know, the better cause im squemish.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 6:59:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wondered about laser eye surg, but I'm scared! If you are awake and looking at this thing comming at your eye, I don't know that I could handle that!!!
Krista.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home