Friday, January 18, 2008

Classic # 1.

Tonight I saw my first classic movie: Irving Berlin's White Christmas. The movie starred Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney ( George's Aunt I believe ) and Vera-Ellen ( a Rockette).
I thought it was a pretty good movie, but I think that for a movie that has been out for decades, some one would have noticed some of the inconsistancies and fixed them. In one scene, Vera-Ellens character is pouring coffee for herself and her sister, then she places the coffee pot back on the warmer. The camera cuts to a new angle of Vera-Ellen and all of a sudden she is holding the coffee pot again, filling her mug ( again ).
The dance numbers were frequent ( as were the songs ), and I was pretty surprised at just how fast these ladies could move!
All in all, I enjoyed the show!

2 Comments:

At January 24, 2008 at 3:06:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm suprised too, Marry Poppins had none to very little I didn't see any.
Alli

 
At January 29, 2008 at 11:35:00 AM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

to clarify, I;m suprised that there was so many mistakes in your movie.
Mary Poppins had little to none mistakes that I saw

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home