Saturday, February 9, 2008

Does Anyone Know...?




Last week end Mom, Frank and I went out to Stevest0n, a small fishing village just outside of Vanc0uver. It was a beautiful sunny morning and we broused the fishing boats that were docked selling fresh fish and shell fish. We had fish and chips for lunch at a local resturant, and then wandered over to a little candy store we like to stop in when ever we are in there. They sell all the old stuff I remember from my childhood, you know, that tri coloured taffee, the flat stuff that is pink, chocolate and white? They had the little chicklet style purple gum that always tasted like soap, LickAsticks, mini garbage cans full of candies etc. but they also have fresh homemade fudge. Yumm!

Anyway, we also saw this ship sail past while we were looking at the catch on the boats, and I couldn't figure out what kind of ship it was. It doesn't really like militar y, its not a cruise ship and definatly not a fishing boat as far as I can tell, but it was pretty neat to watch sail by. Does anyone know what kind of ship it is? I even googled it but didn't get any helpful results, its called the Andr0meda Sp1r1t.

After we got back home, it started to snow, and man did we get a dumping on! We got home just in time to avoid the snowfall, but it was quite pretty.

Sorry that these pictures are not likley in order, but I can't seem to figure out how to put the pics in the order I want them when I post on here.

4 Comments:

At February 9, 2008 at 8:08:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have tried to change my links back to the ones I had ( for my sister, cousins and aunt ) but I can't. I followed the directions, but my HTML thingie does NOT have any text like the one in the Help section, so, sorry Les, Auntie B, Alli and H, its not a personal thing, Blogger just hates me sometimes.

 
At February 10, 2008 at 5:55:00 AM PST , Blogger Alberta said...

I'm sure it's a container type ship...but not the type with typical C cans...it may have holding tanks below for a liquid cargo. I'll ask Unka Joe to take a look!

I emailed you the missing links.

 
At February 10, 2008 at 5:27:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All fix for ya. go ahead and blog away and comment on other peoples blogs

 
At February 14, 2008 at 10:24:00 PM PST , Blogger Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

The ship is part of nissans carrier fleet....ha ha./..i LOVE google...makes all of you think im soooo smrt...teehee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home