Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sick again.

About 5 weeks ago I was down with a nasty flu that caused me to miss 2 days of work, and about 3 weeks ago I was slammed with a killer cold. I still have the cold so on Sunday I went to see the Dr, and as it turns out it's not a cold at all, but a bacterial sinus infection that has moved to my larynx giving me laryngitis ( no voice at all folks ), affected my lungs so that I wheeze all the time and can't get a nice deep breath of air, I sneeze/cough all the time, and my eyes are so swollen/red from the sneezing that I need to put drops in several times a day as well. That leaves me on 4 prescriptions and several days off work because I can't answer phones with no voice. It seems that since I moved to BC I get sick every year about this time and I can't figure out why. I take my multi vitamins as well as Vitamin C every day, I wash my hands frequently to avoid bringing germs home etc, but I still get pretty sick when every one else I'm in close contact with ( Frank, Hike, co-workers etc ) seem to be fine. What could be causing me to get sick like this when I never used to get sick at all???

2 Comments:

At March 18, 2008 at 3:51:00 PM PDT , Blogger Alberta said...

You are probably still adjusting to such a big climate change. With all the rain and moisture, there's a lot of mould. I never had allergies until I lived in BC for 2 years! Now I have hay fever issues every spring, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying my time outdoors.

Hope you can shake this so you feel better for your Easter weekend!

Love Auntie Berta

 
At March 22, 2008 at 6:03:00 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your only sick cause you miss your babies. If you were here you wouldn't be sick. Something to ponder while you are recovering.
p.s. The boys are sick quite a bit as well this year too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home