Sunday, April 1, 2007

Sunday Seven: Reasons I'm proud of my Mom.

As most of you know I have an amazing Mom, she has been through a lot in her life and yet she still smiles every day! So here are seven reasons I am very proud of my mom:
1) She was strong enough to leave my Dad when she did.
2) She raised three kids all by herself and we all turned out just fine, no criminal records, no drug addicts and no alcoholics!
3) She had a slipped disc in her back that damaged her spinal cord and caused her as lot of problems, some of which she still struggles with today but she never lets that stop her from going to work and from having fun.
4) She never lets me get down about my health problems and is always optimistic that a cure will be found.
5) She always knew I would graduate college, even when I was going for radiation treatments and felt too sick to keep going to school. She knew I'd persevere till I got that diploma and I did!
6) She never killed any of us as kids but I'm sure there were days that she wanted to!
7) She is the strongest person I have ever met, and I have met an awful lot of people!
Love you Mom!
P.S Did I mention she is published? Yep, she has been published and I hope to some day follow in her foot steps!

2 Comments:

At April 1, 2007 at 9:13:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krista,
Yep! those are 7 great reasons to be proud of your mother and I know there are alot more great reasons to be proud of her. I have a "Thankyou reason" more than a "Proud" one of your mother, when I first came to visit you in Toronto your mother treated me so nice as if I was part of the family. I enjoy sitting down and having chats with her, she is very easy going and easy to talk with, this is why I am not surprised to see the 7 reasons you are proud of her.

Frank

PS. Thankyou Sharon!

 
At April 2, 2007 at 10:11:00 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only 7 reason huh? I'm very proud of her to and so are the boys and Eddie who is very amazed that she still goes to work day after day even when she can hardly walk. Let Frank know that yes he is now part of our family.
Al

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home