Friday, March 23, 2007

Happy "Happy to be Alive Day!"




As most of you know, on March 23, 2001 I had a Medtronic Dual Chamber Kappa Dr pacemaker inserted into my chest. My heart had just decided that it didn't need to beat all the time and so just stopped ( frequently ) for no reason and with no warning. This pacer keeps my heart going and so on March 23rd I celebrate my Happy to be Alive Day. I thought I'd add a few images, I hope they worked. One is a chest x-ray that shows an implanted pacer ( though not like mine ), one is a diagram to show where it is, and one is of a woman holding a device very similar to mine except that mine is a really pretty shiny blue. I have been implanted with what is referred to as "the Cadillac" of all pacers because of the nature of my condition., its called dual chamber because unlike most people, I need to have 2 leads threaded through my artery, one leading to my right atrium, and the other to my right ventricle. Crazy huh? I hope every one had a great Happy to be alive day!


4 Comments:

At March 23, 2007 at 9:08:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krista,
I hope you had a great day even though you are dealing with pneumonia. Wishing you a very HAPPY TO BE ALIVE DAY today and each and every day!

Love Frank

 
At March 23, 2007 at 10:59:00 PM PDT , Blogger Lesley said...

So, when will we meet this mysterious Frank? He pops in every now and then with some sweet comments...
Happy Day to You!

 
At March 24, 2007 at 6:40:00 AM PDT , Blogger Alberta said...

Krista, thank goodness for modern technology! Hope you have a super day doing some fun stuff...no housework allowed!

Love Auntie Berta

 
At March 24, 2007 at 2:58:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrads on your happy to be alive Day I didn't ahve a good day but hope you did love ya
Al

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home