Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spring cleaning has begun!

I am still suffering from that blasted cold ( box # 7 now! ) but wanted to get some spring cleaning done today, so first I tackled the linen closet and packed a grocery bag full of items for the donation bin, and then I decided to stop there and make cookies. While in the kitchen I happened to glance up to the top of the fridge and thought Holy Crap! How does the top of the fridge manage to collect so much stuff? I cleaned it off and found a lot of old receipts that should have been thrown out once they were brought home, a few old lottery tickets ( I buy maybe 3 or 4 tickets a year and never remember to check them till I find them again later ), 2 old ice cube trays ( and that's in addition to the 2 in the freezer that we actually use for ice ) and a lot of other crap that shouldn't have been there. Once it was cleaned off I took a bucket of hot soapy water to clean off the layer of icky duct that was all over it. The fridge is less than a year old and still managed to have that gross dust layer on top of it. What is up with that? And since I was feeling on a role, I even cleaned the oven! I really hate to clean the oven but now it sparkles. And oh yes, I made meat loaf for dinner, and Lesley, thanks for the tip! It was pretty good and I'll probably try it again.

1 Comments:

At March 18, 2007 at 7:49:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah well I also cleaned the oven and my linen closet too today(with a lot of help from mom)and we had a yummy ham dinner tonight.. so SPRING IS IN THE AIR TIME TO START PLANNING THE GARDENS, AND CALL WEED MEN.
Al

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home