Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I usually like grocery shopping!

I don't really mind grocery shopping, in fact, I usually enjoy it and most times I go I try to pick out something different to try, but that's another blog. Last night I was looking through the local flyers and notices that Supe* Sto*e was having a dollar days sale, and for once there were a lot of things in the sale that I would typically buy. So after work tonight I went to do the shopping, and, list in hand, made my way to the produce section where I looked for the first 2 items on my list that were on sale: mushrooms and broccoli. I found lots of mushroom and lost of broccoli, but they were each in the $3-$4 range, not the $1 advertised in the flyer, so I asked the next clerk I saw and he pointed me in the right direction, nest to the garlic for the broccoli instead of with the rest of the broccoli, and the mushrooms were next to the bananas. Hummm. Ok. I put them in my cart and started my search for the bread and pita bread on sale, and again had to search for it because it wasn't in with the rest of the bread and bread items. They were sold out of the pop corn and the hot dogs ( something only Hike tends to eat in our house ), and of all the places to find brown sugar, it was in the chip/candy section.
I remember shopping at Supe* Sto*e in the Hat ( I used to work at the malt shop inside and would shop before heading home at night ) and it was never that disorganized! And to make matters worse, it seamed every time I had something in my hands ( I am a label reader after all! ) there was someone breathing down my neck to get me to move ( when did the words "excuse me please" leave the English language? ) and one woman even had the nerve to try and take a package of soda crackers out of my hand and then out of my grocery cart once I placed it inside! I gave her a few dirty looks and snatched the package back and quickly ended my shopping trip. I almost never shop at this store, and every time I do its a negative experience. Have all the stores in this chain turned out this way?

2 Comments:

At March 14, 2007 at 11:00:00 AM PDT , Blogger Alli said...

Sorry you had a bad time shopping, I shop at the discount stores not the big chains like dominion & loblaws, and everyone knows use at the basic foods that I never seem to have a problem excepct once in a while where the people don't know the boys and don't know to stay the heck out of there way because they are NOT watching for you. So even if the sale are really good stick by your good polite store and have Hike do the shopping in the crabby preople stores LOL.. did this sound ok or did it sound like I'm rambling???

 
At March 16, 2007 at 6:54:00 AM PDT , Blogger Lesley said...

I love my Superstore, well except for the bag-it-yourself part.

Alex and Hike definitely have one thing in common : HOT DOGS! I buy the all beef expensive ones and he can eat 4 at a time, usually just 1 bun but 4 weiners.

Crazy kid!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home