Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday Seven: Things I like to do on a rainy day.

It's been raining here in Burnaby for over a week now, and while I am at work its fine because I don't really notice the weather outside as I am too busy, but on the week ends there are limited options for things to do, so here are some of the things I like to do on a rainy day.
1) Catch up with old friends on the phone. I did this today and had a great chat with my friend Yvette, she is an amazing woman for many reasons and one of the people I miss most from the Kingston area.
2) Watch a really long movie from under some blankets on the couch with the balcony door open so I can see/smell the rain and air out my place.
3) Sleep in and then reach for a book and stay in bed reading for a few hours.
4) Crank the tunes and go crazy cleaning. I didn't do this today because I was so beat ( I did go to the Rod Concert after all, but that is another Blog ) but on rainy days I I like to throw some music on and clean. Not just clean, but pick a project and clean it to perfection, you know, scrub the grout in the shower, use that old cleaning tooth brush to scrub the floor around the toilet, wash walls etc.
5) Bake/cook. I really do enjoy cooking and baking, so when I know I'll have all day to "play" in the kitchen, I really do! I love to try new recipes and make new variations of old favs. And that reminds me, if anyone has some recipes they really like to make, please let me know, I am looking for a few new ones. And oh yeah, if anyone has a good recipe for meat loaf or a really nice home made soup, please let me know! I have never made meat loaf ( Don't think I have ever even eaten it really ) but would love to try.
6) If I have a project started I love to work on it on a rainy day. For some reason, I always seem to get more done on a rainy day than a sunny one!
7) I like to go to the movies on a rainy day but I hardly ever do because usually a lot of other people have the same idea and I hate being in a crowded theater. If I do go, it would be to see a movie at the end of its theatre run because its usually a lot less crowded than the other ones playing.

3 Comments:

At March 11, 2007 at 9:28:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the bubbles krista.
seeya anna

 
At March 12, 2007 at 7:52:00 AM PDT , Blogger Lesley said...

Aaron and the boys LOVE meatloaf! It's not my thing but I make it for them anyways. I have no secret recipe but the guys like the Clubhouse package of meatloaf spice and the recipe that's on the package.
I long for the days of laying in bed and reading!!! I'll get them back eventually but lately it's Saturday morning cartoons in my bed

 
At March 13, 2007 at 6:28:00 PM PDT , Blogger Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

the kraft canada website has lots of ideas...and they are very user friendly...you can also sign up to get a booklet from them every quarter that have neat seasonal ideas...www.kraftcanada.com...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home