Monday, March 19, 2007

The mother of all colds.

OK, so after work tonight I went to the walk in clinic because of this cold. I figured it must be a sinus infection of something like that because my head aches are getting stronger in the sinus areas and for the past few days not only can I not breath out of my nose, but am having a progressively harder time breathing through my mouth as well, I can't take a deep breath at all. The first clinic I went to had a 3 hour wait and told me to come back at 8:00pm, so I left and went to another clinic I know of only to be told they were not seeing any more patients tonight. The third place I went to had a 20 min wait and a really cute young Dr working who also had a great bedside manner. He checked out my symptoms and put the stethoscope to my back, had me take a few "deep breaths" and was shocked at what he heard. He was surprised I could breath at all and announced that I have got pneumonia. He jotted a few prescriptions down on his little green pad ( 3 to be exact ) and asked if I have a drug plan. "No I don't" I replied, and to my pleasure he exited the room for a second and brought me back one of the prescribed meds. He told me its over $100 for just that one and because the other two would be about $100 as well he thought it would help! Wasn't that great? So I got the meds, started them tonight and hope that I feel better soon. I really hope that every one else is feeling a lot better than I am, and if you have a cold that lasts longer than 2 weeks, head to the clinic!!!

2 Comments:

At March 19, 2007 at 7:27:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to the clinic?? I take to boys straight to the hospital LOL.. This mommy doesn't take time for drs offices here. That reminds me I have to take fefe back because once again he can't breath either, poor baby boy.
Al
PS Get better real soon

 
At March 19, 2007 at 8:57:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the Babe, I hope he feels better soon, tell him Auntie Krista knows how he feels!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home