Friday, January 26, 2007

Birds...lots and lots of birds!

My office faces a railroad track, and every day lots of locomotives haul their cargo past my office on their way to their destinations. I find it quite relaxing to first hear the train coming, and then see the engine roll by pulling either cargo or passenger cars. Well, today I did not hear the trains, but the birds, thousands of crows had swarmed my work complex and the tracks, and they were so loud! I would look out the window and the buildings on the other side of the tracks and see hundreds of birds lining the roofs of the buildings, the phone lines, the parking lots, railway tracks and trees/bushes surrounding the tracks. It was pretty creepy to hear them up on the roof, I could hear there feet scratching at the roof and more than once my office would go dark because a huge swarm of birds was flying at my office window. Now, I have not seen that movie about attacking birds, but I have seen clips on the Space Channel and man was I nervous. Walking home was hard because they were every where ( surprisingly enough I managed not to get pooped on or bomb dived ), and I am really scared of birds. When I was little, Nanny Sample had me help her gather the chicken eggs when we were at her place in Quebec ( Spring Road??? ) and I was so scared I was going to get pecked that I refused to go inside the coop, she thought she'd help me get over my fear of chickens by locking me in the coop, needless to say, the fear is now a phobia, and chickens are the worst for me!
So anyway, it was a strange day because of the birds, and I will never watch that scary bird movie. EVER.
Oh yes, I should mention that they were all there bacause a train hauling grain had passed by this morning, and it managed to spill a lot of grain all over the tracks in fromt of my office building. Trains often stop on the tracks right outside my office, I am not really sure why.

2 Comments:

At January 28, 2007 at 4:03:00 PM PST , Blogger Lesley said...

Birds totally freak me out, I'm not sure why but they do.
At Joseph's birthday party I was shocked when there was a real bird for the magic tricks. Aaagh!

 
At January 29, 2007 at 6:55:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean *L* Its strange being freaked out by such a small ( and usually docile ) creature, but I can't handle them!
Krista.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home