Monday, January 8, 2007

Bad Hair Day.

If you have ever had a bad hair that tops this one, please let me know!!! On Saturday night I decided that on Sunday I would sleep in before I tackled my To-Do List. Well, I did sleep in, until about 8:30am, at which time I decided I couldn't sleep anymore and so fixed a bowl of cereal and flipped on the TV to Chanel surf for an hour or so. I cleaned the kitchen ( check one task off my list ) and headed for the shower. A friend of mine stopped by shortly after I got out of the shower, and long story short, the round brush that I have ( and almost NEVER use ), ended up so tangled in my hair that I was sure it would have to be cut out. I worked on getting the brush out for about an hour, and then I had Frank work on it as well for another 2 hours. 3 hours after the brush found its way into my hair, we gave up. Now, keep in mind that I have pretty long, very thick hair. It was now 3:00pm Sunday, and my scalp was very sore and very bruised from all the attempts at untangling. Frank had even gone so far as to saturate my hair with Leave in Conditioner and cut all the bristles off of the brush! I was close to panic as we jumped into Franks car ( me with the hood of my jacket pulled up over my head to hide the brush and the tangled mess ) and started looking for a Hair Dresser that was open late on Sundays. We stopped at one place and I had a very bad feeling before we even went into the salon. I had resigned myself to the fact that my hair would have to be cut in order to get the brush out, but this lady was talking like it was going to be shaved off! No way!! I stared at Frank with tears in my eyes, and then he saw it: A small sign next to the cash register saying "We accept cash only" Hallelujah!! All we had was Visa and Interact! We headed for another Salon and I tearfully explained the situation to the Hair Dresser. She was very sympathetic as I told her I didn't want short hair, but that I knew it had to be cut out. Well, if she didn't spend over an hour loading my brush/hair with detangler and conditioner, and finally after snapping my brush in half ( I had already told her the brush was headed for the trash if I ever got it out ) and getting Frank to hold his hands over my scalp so that she didn't rip my scalp off while pulling all the hair out ) she managed to get the brush out! After another hour of massive amounts of conditioner and detangler, the three of us had managed to detangle the mess and save most of my hair! Now, my scalp is still very sore and very bruised, and I have some broken hairs etc, but its is still long, and its still almost all there!! Now, the Hair Dresser was truly an Angel, because when I went to the till to pay the bill ( intending to leave a huge tip! ), she waved us off stating that it was her good deed for the day, and that she really wouldn't even have known what to charge for the service! What a Doll she was!

3 Comments:

At January 9, 2007 at 6:15:00 AM PST , Blogger Alberta said...

Krista, I'm having phantom hair pains after reading about your mis-sdventure. I hope Monday was just a boring regular kind of day for you and your hair!

 
At January 9, 2007 at 4:52:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ME too LOL,. OUCH!!!
good to hear that you got to keep all your hair
Alli

 
At January 11, 2007 at 8:06:00 AM PST , Blogger Lesley said...

Ow!
I too have had terrible experiences with a round brush yet I still buy them, get frustrated, throw them in the garbage, get my hair styled and think 'gee that's easy to do' and go buy another one...over and over again...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home