Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thinking Summer...

I have been thinking a lot about my Papa these past few months and remembering all the talks we had while together a few years ago, and I miss him. I didn't get to spend a lot of time with my Grand parents when I was growing up, but I do remember that every time they visited us in Kingston they took us to DQ for treats, and even in Medicine Hat Mom Papa and I used to walk over to DQ on a hot summer night and get treats, Papa always chose his favorite Dilly bar! I seem to remember a few treks over in the middle of the winter ( think - 20 ) to pick up a box of Dilly bars too! Papa always had a big grin on his face when he saw that box of treats! I think I may have inherited my sweet tooth from him! Anyway, Frank and I got to talking about a possible road trip out to Alberta this summer, so if we can both get some time off we'll be heading out to The Hat to spend a few days with Papa. I just hope we can manage to get the time off.
I am not at home right now so I can't add images to this post, but I will add some of my fav. Papa pics later this week/week-end.

1 Comments:

At January 26, 2007 at 6:09:00 AM PST , Blogger Alberta said...

Dad always did love a good ice cream! I'm sure he'd welcome you with open arms this summer especially if you had DQ treats! He can be bribed!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home