Saturday, June 7, 2008

Why is it.....

Why is it that every time you are not feeling well ( bad cold/flu, surgery, allergies etc ), your period has to start to make you feel even worse?? I had my remaining 2 wisdom teeth pulled on Tuesday and all went pretty well. On Thursday, I was in such excruciating pain I had to go back to the oral surgeon and be squeezed in between patients. It turns out I have what's called dry socket, meaning the clot never formed over the surgical site and my nerves are exposed. He packed it with a nice clove paste that numbed me again, but then I spent 6 hours in emerge. last night because of the pain. Now we all know I have a pretty high tolerance for pain ( after all, you are awake during pacer surgery ), but they pumped me full of morphine and sent me home with a prescription for Demerol. Today I had to flush out the clove plug from the dentist and WOW, the pain started up all over again! Thank goodness the emerge Dr. told me to take double doses of Demerol until the nerves are protected again. Until then, it hurts to eat, drink, brush my teeth and even breath, and I am on an all soft food diet of only lukewarm items ( nothing hot or cold ).
I have to admit I am a bicth when in pain, and the pain prevents me from sleeping as well which makes me even worse, so I have to say THANKS to my Honey for all his patience and his loveing care. He warms my yogurt and cottage cheese to room temp, brings me my medication and rubs my back when I am hurting so much I cry! What a great guy!! Thanks Frank, I love you!!

1 Comments:

At June 9, 2008 at 7:40:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Frankie!!!!. Hope u feel better soon Kris

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home